Re: Intalling Kernel 4.16

Hi,

On Fri, Aug 17, 2018 at 11:57:04AM +0530, cmurugan wrote:
> I'm System administrator. I'm asked to install kernel 4.16 in debian OS. I
> don't find any link that "how to install it?". Could you please help me to
> install it.

This would probably be better on debian-user as they're rather
fundamental Debian admin questions.

You can get a 4.17 kernel from stretch-backports or testing:

    https://packages.debian.org/stretch-backports/linux-image-amd64

If you'd like to take upstream kernel sources and build a Debian
package then there are instructions for this in the Debian Linux
Kernel Handbook:

    https://kernel-team.pages.debian.net/kernel-handbook/ch-common-tasks.html#s-kernel-org-package

Cheers,
Andy