Re: Issues with using git debrebase for linux

Ben Hutchings writes ("Re: Issues with using git debrebase for linux"):
> I've been setting GIT_EDITOR, which appears to take precedence over
> both EDITOR and VISUAL.

You have implicitly pointed out a bug in my test suite.  I need to
unset GIT_EDITOR as well as VISUAL...

> > git-debrebase would invoke git-rebase which would reinvoke your
> > script, thinking it's the editor.  Your script gets the git-rebase
> > todo list.  Your script just has to find the git-rebase todo list item
> > corresponding to the commit to be replaced (`pick <old commitid>'),
> > and change it to say `pick <commitid for new version of patch>'
> > or maybe `exec git-am <some file>'.
>
> I didn't try to match up commits exactly, but dropped all the existing
> commits that have a specific "Bug-Debian: ..." pseudo-header.  I added
> the new commits at the end of the series.  I'm satisifed that this
> works well enough.

That sounds reasonable.

I'm afraid I have several other fires to put out first so the faster
git-debrebase won't be in sid right away, and of course there's still
that failure to record ffq-prev bug.

Ian.