Re: Regression in 4.17 Kernels (?)

Hi Yves-Alexis,

Am Donnerstag, 23. August 2018, 13:53:32 CEST schrieb Yves-Alexis Perez:
> On Thu, 2018-08-23 at 13:17 +0200, Rainer Dorsch wrote:
> > Yes, I have never seen that with 4.16 and any kernel I used before. I run
> > not 4.16.
>
> Sorry I'm a bit unsure how to read the last sentence. Can you retry right
> now with 4.16 kernel (and changing only that) and report back? It's
> possible that there is a regression in the USB handling in the 4.17 kernel
> but we'd need a bit more information to confirm that.

Sorry, this was a typo, I meant

I run *now* 4.16 [again].

...and I did not observe the issue.

Feel free to ask, I am sorry that I did not provide more information, but
since there is nothing in the log files, nothing on the screen, it is hard for
me to provide anything useful. I could switch to a VT which the scanner is
running shortly before the crash, but not sure if that helps.

Rainer

--
Rainer Dorsch
http://bokomoko.de/