Re: Source files of linux-image-4.9.0-11-rt-amd64

Hi Ben,

Thanks so much for the advice! I installed the headers and it works like a charm. :D

Regards,
Will

On Tue, Dec 3, 2019 at 1:37 PM Ben Hutchings <ben@decadent.org.uk> wrote:
On Tue, 2019-12-03 at 12:51 -0500, Will Feng wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My apologies if this is a n00b question, but I am wondering where can I
> find the source files of
> https://packages.debian.org/oldstable/linux-image-4.9.0-11-rt-amd64 ? Are
> the source files a combination of
> https://packages.debian.org/stretch/linux-source-4.9 and some PREEMPT_RT
> realtime patches? I would love to learn more about how to obtain the source
> files of linux-image-4.9.0-11-rt-amd64 in order to compile IgH EtherCAT
> master (https://etherlab.org/en/ethercat/) on Debian with PREEMPT_RT
> enabled. Any help would be highly appreciated, thanks a lot!

It looks like you want to build a driver module.  In that case you
should install linux-headers-4.9.0-11-rt-amd64, not the kernel source
code.

If you really do want the source code, you can do that in the same way
as for any other Debian package, using "apt-get source
linux-image-4.9.0-11-rt-amd64".

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
Theory and practice are closer in theory than in practice - John Levine