Re: /boot partition too small

On Thursday, 6 October 2022 16:23:27 CEST Diederik de Haas wrote:
> That doesn't change my perspective that the fundamental aspect of /boot
> being too small should be addressed (directly) and not try to workaround
> it.

With workarounds I was thinking of using a better compression scheme (already
done by switching to zstd) and such things to 'shave off' a 'few' bytes.

On Thursday, 6 October 2022 15:41:52 CEST Ben Hutchings wrote:
> The kernel team has had some discussion about changing linux-image
> packages to not install vmlinuz directly in /boot:
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-kernel/2021/11/msg00091.html

I should've read those msgs (again) before replying, but the above linked
alternative is not a workaround AFAIC (which ~ makes /boot/ irrelevant IIUC).