debian kernel pickup startegy vs linux LTS kernels

Hi Debian kernel maintainers,

I have a question regarding the way kernel versions are selected for the stable tree. First, I am a very long Debian user and have been building my own kernel for years, managing self signed kernel and modules for secure boot and my Debian version is always a unstable/experimental mix.

I used to stick to LTS kernel releases only and when a new LTS kernel was mature enough switched to it (e.g 5.15 -> 6.1). Inside a given release I pick up the last version regularly (e.g 6.1.43 at time of writing).

But with the growing complexity of features required by user space (cgroup/namespace, ...), I have switched to use debian kernel for non critical machines.

But in unstable/experimental you find usually non LTS kernels with very early number in the series which is fine as long as they correctly work which has not been the case for several 6.3 and 6.4 kernel where part of the hardware was faulty due to upstream bugs (not Debian).

So I have reverted to 6.1.x release for many machines and put the package on hold.

apt-cache policy linux-image-amd64
linux-image-amd64:
  Installé : 6.1.38-2
  Candidat : 6.4.4-2
 Table de version :
     6.4.4-2 500
        500 http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian unstable/main amd64 Packages
 *** 6.1.38-2 500
500 http://security.debian.org/debian-security bookworm-security/main amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

Two days ago, I was a bit surprised to see that only 6.1.38-2 was pushed to correct zenbleed while at least 6.1.41 was available for a week or so and we are now at 6.1.43.

So my questions are:

	- Why did you not pick up the last LTS version?
	- On what occasion do you pick up a new LTS kernel for the
	  stable branch? Is there any formal rule?

No criticism just curious : I can always pick up the Debian kernel, the Debian config, slightly modify it for the kernel signature and sign the produced kernel and modules. Just that given the handful of modules I do not need, this is time consuming and I find myself out of normal Debian path.

Regards,