Re: Proposal: Switch to linear git history

Hi,

On Sat, Jan 13, 2024 at 01:10:50PM +0100, Bastian Blank wrote:
> Moin
>
> Sadly I did not get any response.

I have seen it, but have not yet digged into it (in fact marked the
mail as important and unread/todo).

How would in the new scheme typical workflow look like? Maybe this
could help better understand the proposed changes. As you know in my
focus is mainly working on the stable branches, be it to rebase to
more recent stable upstream version, then targetting in either point
releases or security uploads, but as well picking single needing fixes
(for instance targetted security fixes).

It would help how the current work on e.g. the bookworm or
bookworm-security branches would work with the scheme. From importing
newer 6.1.y version (and rebasing rt patches) to cherry-pick single
fixes as needed. How then merge viceversa the security and stable
branches for instance.

(work on the branch for unstable is similar, though we have there no
disitinction about the target upload).

Regards,
Salvatore