Re: Offer help on initramfs-tools

Hi!

* Benjamin Drung [Wed Mar 06, 2024 at 11:45:38AM +0100]:

> initramfs-tools hasn't seen an upload since 2022-07-12 and has several
> open merge requests without response. Since I am maintaining initramfs-
> tools in Ubuntu, I offer my help on initramfs-tools in Debian. In case I
> became uploader, I would merge the fixes and uncontroversial changes and
> cut a release.

For various reasons I am personally no longer really active in
initramfs-tools (i-t) development, but since nobody else responded
to you yet: thanks for your work and efforts and reaching out, *I*
think any contributions and work around i-t are more than welcome.

> One change that we did in Ubuntu recently is using dracut-install which
> speeds up the initramfs generation a lot:
> https://launchpad.net/bugs/2031185
> Do you want to have that in Debian as well?

Sounds great to me! :)

regards
-mika-