Re: [debian-knoppix] kernel module update request

Hello Florent,

On Thu, Dec 12, 2002 at 07:33:57PM +0100, Florent BERANGER wrote:
>   Hello,
>
> many webcams, as my Philips ToUcam XS, depend on latest ov511 (with
> compression options) drivers (2.17,
> it's stable ) which can be found at http://alpha.dyndns.org/ov511/ .
>
> Please, update the knoppix kernel with it.

Sorry, I don't do a lot of kernel patches, except for XFS and a really small
patch for extendes boot command lines. You will have to wait until the modules
make it in the official kernel. Usually, there is a good reason if this has
not happened yet.

If you contribute a Debian package that generates a single module and
installs into the standard module tree, that would be OK, I think.

> PS : a Knoppix hardware database support can be found on
> http://knoppixfr.tuxfamily.org/index.php?page=hardware page. You can add (in
> french but it's simple) your hardware on it, it's cool for futur users.

Wow, thanks!

Regards
-Klaus Knopper