Re: [debian-knoppix] Knoppix Customization and Persistency FAQ

On Saturday 14 December 2002 17:42, Nils Magnus wrote:

> since there are a lot of questions regarding how to make special
> customizations of Knoppix or how to make certain parts persistent, I set
> up a FAQ for this issue.

Few questions have been more to do with localisation (of KDE mainly) too ,
for which remastering is needed, I believe.
Knoppix can be more useful this way.

> Please check the V0.1 version and send me comments, corrections and
> fixed typos. Some parts in [] require further details. Please fill them

Will do - it will be nice if some English translations of anything important
on any follow up posts are made available.

> publish a version V1.0 before Chrismas, so don't hestitate to annotate ;)

The remastering issue was answered on the list recently but the link could be
a bit outdated.
<http://www.linuxtag.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=knoppix-en;action=display;num=1029373150>
An updated/improoved version of this howto could be inserted/linked in after
Q07 or even Q09.
Maybe not before Christmas...

 'minimalized Knoppix' ? --sounds interesting eventhough there is a great
software selection available, already.

All  the best

Ram