Re: [debian-knoppix] Why so much swap with knx-install?

On January 24, 2003 08:05 pm, Colin Marquardt wrote:

> Gilles Pelletier <gilpel@altern.org> writes:
> > Maybe Klaus thinks someday Debian developpers will wake up and use
> > his work to make the installation easier so he can continue his
> > project and forget about the rest.
>
> Well, *quite* some more work is needed to make that a reality for
> all the platforms that the "regular" Debian supports.
>
> The world is not i386.

A good part of it is. So, does this mean i386 will have to wait for the 36
platforms supported by Debian to be ready before it benefits from
auto-installation? If so, I'd rather see Debian supporting one platform
efficiently than 36 inefficiently.

Anyway, a quick look to Debian's site is not indicative of much work happening
on Knoppix:

http://minilien.com/?KC0pxvlHNx
 or
http://www.google.com/search?q=site:www.debian.org+knoppix&num=100&hl=en&lr=lang_en|lang_fr&ie=UTF-8&filter=0