Re: Spurious interrupt, was Re: [debian-knoppix] knoppix boot hang, Asus A7V ATA100

Just wanted to note that I get this "error" message on one of my mastering
machine (Athlon board), too. It is harmless and just tells you that the
parallel port just generated an interrupt while no driver for this
interrupt was installed yet.

You never said which version (build date, please!) you tried. The
promise controller option is compiled in the 3.2 versions only, for
example. Don't know if this has anything to do with the problem, though.
knoppix noapic may help, too, or just disabling some odd BIOS options
like "plug and play OS" that basically says to use a wrong interrupt
(0) for all PCI devices. You should turn that option off for Linux, even
that Linux IS "plug&play". ;-)

Regards
-Klaus Knopper