[debian-knoppix] no suitable x-server found for your card

Hi you lot!
i brought this a while ago in german and now in english (hope some people can help me)
so ive the latest version of knoppix, the md5sum is correct, all goes well exept these things:
My boot log:

After the boot screen comes loading vmlinuz
and  miniroot.gz till here all good.
Then this error:
You passed an undefined mode number.
Press <return> to see video modes available, <space> to continue or wait 30 secs.
if i press return i see  Video adapter VESA VGA and a choice from 0-9and a-b
if i dont touch this things go well(nearly)
Then it starts uncompressing linux... Ok, booting the kernel and Live LINUX on cd all in color..second problem:no Penguin!
(i mention this because it shows that my video isnt going well)
then the hardwareautodetection starts, and in one line i can read:
Monitor is SNIee0a, H:28.0 - 96.0 kHz V: 50.0 - 76.0 Hz
Using Modes "800x600" "640x480"
Video is ET4000 W32i, W32p (generic) ET4000/W32p rev C using XFree86 (tseng) Server
but after this my monitor becomes black for a short moment and then i can again read this lines and so on.then followingt message:
no suitable X-Server found for your card
then i read retrying with X11 (fbedv or so) and the same thing happen.then my pc gives up and i have acces to the shell.As Christian told me here is the lspci:(i didnt write the three first lines fully, if you need them tell me)
00:00.0 Host Bridge
00:01.0 ISA Bridge
00:01.1 IDE Interface
00:08.0 VGA compatible controller Tseng Labs Inc Et4000/W32p rev C
and lspci -n
00:00.0 Class 06000:8086:122d (rev 02)
00:01.0 Class 0601:8086:122e (rev 02)
00:01.1 Class 0101:8086:1230 (rev 02)
00:08.0 Class 0300:100c:3206
Any iDea how i can solve this?please Help me!
My system is a pentium with 75mHz (there is also a swap partition of my installed debian)

Thanks
Yannick