Re: [debian-knoppix] help

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Hoeschele" <mhoesche@Princeton.EDU>
To: <debian-knoppix@linuxtag.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 07, 2003 9:33 AM
Subject: [debian-knoppix] help

> I just ran a beta version of knoppix on a dell optilex gx260 and
> everything went fine until I tried to reboot.  I logged out and waited
> until it said to shutdown.  But when I removed the cd and tried to
> reboot I got nothing.  I can't even boot the cd again.  The lights on
> the front of the box says the processor is running but there is nothing
> on the monitor, it is just idle.  The version of knoppix I used was
> from the KNOPPIX_V3.2-2003-07-25-EN.iso  image.  Any ideas?

Power off completely (depending on your hardware, this may involve holding
down the power switch for a few seconds), then power on again.

I suspect a glitch in the power management code.  I've had the same here on
a home-brewed machine using a Via C3 mainboard and CPU (PC-Chips model
M787).  There's no harm done, only an unnerving moment which tuns into a
minor annoyance once you know how to work around it....