Re: [debian-knoppix] Debian vs. Knoppix

Hi,

You did qualify in the test, go ahead ;).

You already asked the right questions, which qualifies you to be able to try
debian with this knoppix variant.

I use knopix on hd myself without any problems, but I use my eyes.

There are people, who do:

apt-get install some-program
Packets to remove: kde kdebase kdelibs kde...
Do you really want to do this ? [Y/N] Y

They don't _think_ ...

Or they do:

apt-get dist-upgrade
Packets to remove: kde kdebase kdelibs kde...
Do you really want to do this ? [Y/N] Y

Or one could get to problems with some dependencies... Because of that mix ...

You can use it as a snapshot, install new programs, remove old ones and be
happy, but there is no guarantee that this works ...

But you don't have an guarantee with unstable either *oops broken libc* today
... ;)

So go ahead and install it :))

cu

Fabian