[debian-knoppix] Samba problems with the Version fom 26.07.2003

Hi all,

I installed a PC wit the Knoppixversion from 26.07.2003.
I want to use this PC as an Samba Server.

I copied the Sambakonfigurationfiles from a System we used as a
Testinstalltion.
This Testinstallation was done with a Knoppix from 03.05.2003 and works very
nice.

The new Installation doesn't show the share's at all.
And it doesn't appear in the workgroup.

I added the sambausers and enabled them
pstree shows smdb and nmdb are running.

Is there a significant change in Samba between this version.
Does anybody have an idea or make a similiar experience ??

A different problem showed up with partimage.
I made some backup from HD partions with a Knoppixversion from Sep. 2002 ( I
think).

When I tried to restore a partition with a newer Knoppixversion partimage
claimed, that the backupfile would be password protected, but this is not the
case.

Anybody made the same expierence or has an idea??

Thirdly I would like to thank Klaus an everybody  who is supporting Knoppix
development for his/their great work.

--
Best Regards/ Mit freundlichen Gruessen

Karlo Huthmacher