Re: [debian-knoppix] German submenus in English OpenOffice

On Wed, May 12, 2004 at 03:38:28PM +1000, Peter Mount wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've got an English copy of Knoppix 3.3. I've noticed that some of the
> submenus in OpenOffice 1.1 is German, while the rest of it is in English. Is
> this fixed in Knoppix 3.4 or would I need to download the English Linux
> version of OpenOffice seperately? I'm thinking of maybe doing a hard drive
> install of Knoppix in the next couple of months.

This is just a problem for the "wizards", because the english version of
OpenOffice does not seem to support locales properly. If you remove the
german components of the package, the menus will probable revert to
english.

Apart from these submenus, there should be no problem with missing
translations, though.

Regards
-Klaus Knopper