Re: [debian-knoppix] USB Pen Drives.

John,

You may have to re-format them before use.  Some come
with a strange partition table that Linux doesn't
like.  There is a post about this on the Libranet
forum:

http://forum.libranet.com/viewtopic.php?t=4208&highlight=

Before you use the pen drive, try running cfdisk on
it.  If cfdisk fails, you will need to re-format it.
Use fdisk to create a blank DOS partition table, then
use qtparted to create a single FAT32 partition and
format it.

I highly recommend the "Intelligent Stick" from PQI.
The 128 MB version is $31 from Newegg:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-214-004&depa=0

It has the smallest form factor and two of them will
fit in a credit card sized case for your wallet.

-Matt