Re: [debian-knoppix] Is knoppix getting behind?

--- Klaus Knopper <knopper@linuxtag.org> wrote:

[snip]

Seems that I am not the only one who things are
getting behind :)
http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20050214#1

I can really understand you have to work on other
things too. Knoppix is more than a distro though, it
's a platform.
So hwdection is vital. I hope 3.8 will have an update
on this.

I agree that kanotix is too extreme in some ways (
thats why I keep using knoppix) I am curious to see
what will be merged from kanotix to knoppix.

I don't know what the security problems are with
2.6.10, the only thing that annoyes me is that cd
burning is not possible. And 2.6.11 is not getting any
better on this.  (Kanotix has fixed that btw)

Klaus did you ever consider getting help from other
ppl on secondery things like .debs uploading, testing,
cvs, etc ?. I know many would offer to help.

Mark