Re: [debian-knoppix] Beginner install

Hallo andrea,

are you sure runlevel 5 is not entered? Or is it just X  that wont
start?

If this is the case you may login at the prompt and type "startx". Then
a message appears that a file called /tmp/.X0.idontremember is still on
the stystem.

Remove that file and reboot. xdm or kdm will then start automatically.

Hope that helps

Achim