Knoppix issues until release

Hello list,

Since it's again been a longer time than planned since CeBIT, and still
no Knoppix 7.1.x public release, I thought I'd leave a short message
here telling a few things I'm still working on.

- Sound/HDMI fix: Sometimes I got reports of sound not working. Now I
found a notebook where I could identify the probable cause: If your
notebook has both a soundcard and a HDMI port which are both handled by
the same module (snd-hda-intel), HDMI may allocate the first card slot,
and the speaker-connected sound chipset the second. aumix, the simple
mixer, only uses the first slot, and many applications will also use the
"first" soundcard instead of allowing you to select the appropriate
device using an alsa selector. The fix is (probably) to change the sound
slot index order in a way so that HDMI is never the first card and has
to explicitly selected by alsa, rather than the full soundcard which
should become the default.

- EFI boot support: Adding an EFI/boot directory with an EFI bootloader
to the USB flash disk installation, which allows EFI as additional boot
method for EFI-only computers that have no CSM BIOS setting.

- Upgrading to Wheezy (now stable) and openoffice+chromium+firefox from
unstable or experimental.

- Resolving the "Desktop Icon Auto-Click" annoyance that suddenly appeared
in version 7.1.

- Upgrading Kernel to 3.9.x 32 and 64bit, and fixing an aufs problem.

- Updating ADRIANE and adding a keyboard learning program (karl).

Regards
-Klaus