Re: apt-listbugs 0.1.38: Please update the PO translation for the package apt-listbugs

On Mon, 31 Oct 2022 14:52:24 +0100 Gaudencio Phildan Caluza wrote:

> Hi,
>
> althou I'm truly new to this I have tried my best to translate the PO
> file for you. It's attached to this email.

Hello Gaudencio, thank you so much for your contribution!

> I dont know how to submit it as a wishlist bug against the apt-listbugs.
> I think I'm the only one active here in this mailing list.

There's absolutely no problem, sending the updated file via e-mail is
fine.

I have some questions.
Please take into account that I do not speak Danish, so please bear
with me.

First question
--------------

The abbreviation for the English "package" is "pkg" in the original
strings.
The corresponding Danish word is "pakke", but the abbreviation does not
look consistent across the Danish translated strings:

#: ../lib/aptlistbugs/logic.rb:76
msgid ""
" list <pkg>..     : List bug reports of the specified packages.\n"
msgstr ""
" list <pakke>..  : Listevis fejlrapporter for de angivne pakker.\n"

#: ../lib/aptlistbugs/logic.rb:77
msgid ""
" rss <pkg>..      : List bug reports of the specified packages in RSS.\n"
msgstr ""
" rss <pkg>..     : Listevis fejlrapporter for de angivne pakker i RSS.\n"

#: ../lib/aptlistbugs/logic.rb:715
msgid ""
" p <pkg>.. - pin packages <pkg>\n"
"             (restart APT session to enable).\n"
msgstr ""
" p <pkg>.. - lås pakke <pkg>\n"
"             (genstart APT-sessionen for at aktivere).\n"

I want to change all those Danish abbreviations into "pak", as follows:

#: ../lib/aptlistbugs/logic.rb:76
msgid ""
" list <pkg>..     : List bug reports of the specified packages.\n"
msgstr ""
" list <pak>..     : Listevis fejlrapporter for de angivne pakker.\n"

#: ../lib/aptlistbugs/logic.rb:77
msgid ""
" rss <pkg>..      : List bug reports of the specified packages in RSS.\n"
msgstr ""
" rss <pak>..      : Listevis fejlrapporter for de angivne pakker i RSS.\n"

#: ../lib/aptlistbugs/logic.rb:715
msgid ""
" p <pkg>.. - pin packages <pkg>\n"
"             (restart APT session to enable).\n"
msgstr ""
" p <pak>.. - lås pakke <pak>\n"
"             (genstart APT-sessionen for at aktivere).\n"

Please speak up, in case this looks wrong.

Second question
---------------

#. TRANSLATORS: %{blist} is a comma-separated list of %{nbugs} bugs to be dodged.
#: ../lib/aptlistbugs/logic.rb:619
msgid ""
"The following %{nbugs} bug will be dodged:\n"
" %{blist}\n"
"Are you sure?"
msgid_plural ""
"The following %{nbugs} bugs will be dodged:\n"
" %{blist}\n"
"Are you sure?"
msgstr[0] ""
"Den følgende %{nbugs} pakke vil blive tilbageholdt:\n"
" %{blist}\n"
"Er du sikker?"
msgstr[1] ""
"De følgende %{nbugs} pakker vil blive tilbageholdt:\n"
" %{blist}\n"
"Er du sikker?"

Is "tilbageholdt" the translation for "dodged"?
A dictionary [lookup] seems to suggest "undgå" as a Danish translation
for the English verb "dodge"... Should the above translation be
changed? how?

[lookup]: <https://glosbe.com/en/da/dodge>

Same issue in the following translations:

#: ../lib/aptlistbugs/logic.rb:676
msgid "There are no dodge/pin/ignore operations to undo. Ignoring %s command."
msgstr ""
"Der er ingen tilbageholdelse/låste/ignorer operationer at fortryde. Ignorere "
"%s kommando."

#: ../lib/aptlistbugs/logic.rb:678
msgid ""
"All the dodge/pin/ignore operations will be undone.\n"
"Are you sure?"
msgstr ""
"Alle tilbageholdelse/låste/ignorer operationer vil blive ugjorte.\n"
"Er du sikker?"

#: ../lib/aptlistbugs/logic.rb:713
msgid ""
" d <num>.. - dodge bugs <num> by pinning affected packages\n"
"             (restart APT session to enable).\n"
msgstr ""
" d <num>.. - tilbagehold fejl <num> ved at låse de berørte pakker\n"
"             (genstart APT-sessionen for at aktivere).\n"

#: ../lib/aptlistbugs/logic.rb:714
msgid ""
" d b<id>.. - dodge bugs identified by <id> by pinning affected packages\n"
"             (restart APT session to enable).\n"
msgstr ""
" d b<id>.. - tilbagehold fejl som er identificeret af <id> ved at låse de "
"berørte pakker\n"
"             (genstart APT-sessionen for at aktivere).\n"

#: ../lib/aptlistbugs/logic.rb:720
msgid ""
"     u     - undo all the dodge/pin/ignore operations done so far.\n"
msgstr ""
"     u     - fortryd alle de tilbageholdte/låste/ignoreret operationer "
"indtilvidere.\n"

Should these translations be changed, as well? how?
Please let me know, so that I can modify the file.

Third question
--------------

#: ../lib/aptlistbugs/logic.rb:670
msgid "All selected packages are already pinned. Ignoring %s command."
msgstr "Alle valgte pakker er allerede blevet låst. Ignorerer %s-kommandoen."

#: ../lib/aptlistbugs/logic.rb:676
msgid "There are no dodge/pin/ignore operations to undo. Ignoring %s command."
msgstr ""
"Der er ingen tilbageholdelse/låste/ignorer operationer at fortryde. Ignorere "
"%s kommando."

Why is "Ignoring" translated differently in the two strings?
Should the two be translated into the same Danish word? If so, which?
Please let me know, so that I can modify the file.

--
 http://www.inventati.org/frx/
 There's not a second to spare! To the laboratory!