Re: [RFR] templates://request-tracker3.6/templates

Niko Tyni wrote:
> please review the attached debconf templates of request-tracker3.6
> 3.6.6-2~experimental3, currently in NEW and targeted at experimental
> for now.

> Template: request-tracker3.6/rtname
[...]
>  Every installation of Request Tracker must have a unique name. RT will
>  look for the name in mail messages to figure out what ticket a new piece
>  of mail belongs to, and add it to the subject lines of all outgoing
>  emails.

Here's a picky one: the "it" that's added is obviously the rtname
rather than a  ticket or message, but switching the clauses round
would eliminate the need to work that out and also seems to make the
chain of events clearer:

   Every installation of Request Tracker must have a unique name. RT will
   add this name to the subject lines of all outgoing emails, and look for
   it in incoming emails to figure out what ticket a message belongs to.

[...]
>  This setting corresponds to the $rtname variable in RT_SiteConfig.pm .

Here and elsewhere you're contorting the punctuation to avoid
".pm."; I suppose we could use:

   This setting corresponds to the RT_SiteConfig.pm's $rtname variable.

Odd... there doesn't seem to be an RT_SiteConfig.pm in the .deb,
only an RT_Config.pm that says "NEVER EDIT RT_Config.pm. Instead,
copy any sections you want to change to RT_SiteConfig.pm and edit
them there."  Huh?  If it's an uneditable Perl module, why put it
in /etc?

But apparently I'm _really_ meant to put my config snippets in
RT_SiteConfig.d/ and then run update-rt-siteconfig.  In which case,
perhaps we shouldn't be talking about .pm files anyway:

   This setting corresponds to the $rtname variable in the SiteConfig.

(And likewise for other templates.)

> Template: request-tracker3.6/organization
[...]
>  Using your fully qualified host or domain name is recommended.

That sounds to me as if it might include fully qualified hostnames
like "mypc.local".  How about:

   Using your fully qualified hostname plus DNS domain name is recommended.

> Template: request-tracker3.6/correspondaddress
[...]
>  This address will be listed in From: and Reply-To: headers of
>  correspondence email tracked by RT, unless overridden by a queue-specific
>  address.

"Correspondence email" feels unnatural.  It could be "emails",
"correspondence", or "email correspondence".

> Template: request-tracker3.6/commentaddress
[...]
>  This address will be listed in From: and Reply-To: headers of comment
>  email, unless overridden by a queue-specific address. (Comments can be
>  used for adding ticket information that is not visible to the client.)

Again, since we're talking about individual messages it doesn't feel
right to talk about "email".  "Comment emails"?

> Template: request-tracker3.6/webpath
> Type: string

s/p/P/

> Template: request-tracker3.6/handle-siteconfig-permissions
[...]
>  The normal setup is to make the file owned by root with the group
>  www-data, and set the mode to 0640 (readable by the group but not
>  the world.) This can be made automatically, but please consider the
>  security implications first. For instance, if you have php installed
>  on the system, anyone running a php script could read the database
>  access details if the file is readable by www-data.

The executable may be php, but the language is named PHP.

> Template: request-tracker3.6/fix-initialdata-442398
[...]
>  The change will be attempted only once. If fixing the database fails for
>  some reason (for example because the database is unavailable), it won't be
>  tried again unless this setting is re-enabled with eg. dpkg-reconfigure.

A slightly mispunctuated Latin abbreviation.  Make it:

   tried again unless this setting is re-enabled (for instance with dpkg-reconfigure).