review of documentation about creating new ports?

Hi folks,

I'm working on documenting the processes for creating Debian ports
starting from scratch all the way up to an official port.

https://wiki.debian.org/PortsDocs/New

At this point I believe the document is fairly complete and correct,
so it would be great to have it reviewed for spelling, grammar and
consistency of jargon and style.

The audience is companies that have a Debian port to their own ISA
internally and want to make it official, as well as companies or
enthusiasts creating entirely new Debian ports for other operating
system kernels or niche/new ISAs. The people reading it are likely to
be from around the world, some may not have good English but are likely
already fairly technical, probably having done porting work before.
They may be new to Debian and unfamiliar with our culture and jargon.

The document tries to link to and define the Debian jargon it uses
early on, some of the Debian jargon might be worth changing to more
generic technical jargon. It is highly ordered, so there isn't a lot of
room to move items around. Other than that, please feel free to fix any
problems you see, or provide feedback via mail.

Based on the document, we also have a template for port status pages
and several in-progress ports that have used the template.

https://wiki.debian.org/PortTemplate
https://wiki.debian.org/Ports

PS: I'm subscribed to the list, so no need to CC me.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise