Re: Konflikt durch shutdown.8

Hi Mario,

On Sun, 22 Mar 2015 12:16:19 +0100, Mario Blättermann wrote:
> This wouldn't improve the situation. We generate the translation templates from
> Debian packages anyway, and manpages-de is part of a typical Debian installation
> with language support for German. The ugly side effect of the Debian-based way
> is, if other distributions which ship manpages-de (currently Fedora, Mageia and
> Archlinux) have other program versions in their repos, the translations then are
> newer or older than the real contents which have to be translated. That's why
> the best way:

If manpages-de already has (or is going to have) a systemd version of
shutdown(8), then we can re-use that of course. But then that page should
clearly state that the installed version of shutdown may differ.

In any case, I am a stranger here, so you definitely know better what the
correct decision will be :)

--
Dmitry Shachnev