Re: Help with a file in Polish with broken encoding.

Le Sat, Mar 16, 2013 at 02:28:57PM +0000, rjc a écrit :

> The file is not broken, it is simply encoded in ISO-8859-2 - Polish
> standard encoding.
>
> > I attached the file to this email.  Could somebody help by correcting
> > the broken parts ?
>
> I have now converted it to UTF-8 using:
>
> % iconv -f iso-8859-2 -t utf8 table-pl -o table-pl.utf8

Thanks a lot for the conversion.  Strangely, on my system,
the command "file" pretends that the original file is in UTF-8,
and accordingly the iconv command did not produce the same result
as the one you sent me.  Misteries of encodings !

Cheers,

--
Charles