Re: debconf-getlang and pt_BR

On Fri, 15 Feb 2002 23:30:59 +0100
barbier@linuxfr.org (Denis Barbier) wrote:

> Hello,
Hello Denis,

> I am trying to improve documentation to help translating Debconf templates
great =), in english? let us know when you get something done =)

> files, and am facing a problem with Portuguese.  How do you run
> debconf-getlang to extract pt_BR fields?
I usually do:

$ debconf-getlang pt_BR templates > templates.pt_BR

debconf-getlang seem to have a problem dealing with fuzzy on ??_?? locales
still, it shows:

Description-pt_br-fuzzy:

instead of

Description-pt_BR-fuzzy:

when I pass an already existing translated template to it, but it is easily
worked around by doing something like this:

$ debconf-getlang pt_BR templates templates.pt_BR \
	| sed 's/-pt_br-fuzzy/-pt_BR-fuzzy/g' > templates.pt_BR.new

>From what I understood, that's what you wanted to know... if it does not
answer your question, let us know =).

> Denis
> PS: please Cc: me, I am not subscribed for obvious reason ;o)
heh, ack =)

[]s!

--
    Gustavo Noronha Silva - kov <http://www.metainfo.org/kov>
| : :'  : + Debian BR.......: <http://debian-br.cipsga.org.br>+
| `. `'`  + Q: "Why did the chicken cross the road?"          +
|   `-    | A: "Upstream's decision." -- hmh                  |