Re: Suspend and X

> On Wed, Jun 07, 2000 at 11:10:56PM +0200, Hugo van der Merwe wrote:
> > There we go... the scripts are never called when on ac power... would that
> > be a bug? Because the system tries to suspend anyway: the hardware does
> > it. Or is it just on my hardware, meaning that there should be a prompt
> > during the install of the apmd package? OR, dos that "kernel
> > support" refer to support for rejecting suspends?

No. At least I don't think so, because there is an if statement in
/etc/apm/apmd_proxy that actually does check if the computer is on ac power. If
on ac power, the scripts just quits there without executing any scripts.

However, I do not see a difference between suspending the computer is on ac
power or on battery power. Usually what I do is that I suspend when it is on ac
power (at work) and resume when computing. So, I commented out the whole if
statement in order to get the "same" suspend even when on ac power. Works great!

/Mats