HDPREPEZ

Having partitioned my disk (Partition Magic 5.0) and turned my laptop
(Packard Bell EasyLite FX500) into a dual boot machine (Windows 98SE /
Debian Potato), I get the following error message on booting up:

  "Invalid HIBERNATION Partition.. run HDPREPEZ or AMI Save to File Utility"

Well, I ran HDPREPEZ as suggested, and it seemed to cure it, but only until
I booted Linux again, whereupon the message reappeared the following time I
booted up.

So, how should I fix it permanently? Do I need to repartition, reserving
a partition for the hibernation stuff (I see this is an option in
HDPREPEZ.CFG). Or is there an easier way?

TIA.

--
Stephen Turner               http://www.statslab.cam.ac.uk/~sret1/
    Statistical Laboratory, Centre for Mathematical Sciences,