Re: Linux for laptop PC

> > > There are also a number of vendors now selling Linux pre-installed on
> > > laptops.  I'm not aware of which of those vendors are specifically
> > > in here.

A company that will preinstall Debian on Sony Vaios is Emperor Linux at:

http://www.emperorlinux.com/

I picked up a machine from them last winter and have been very happy
with the box and their support.

Serge

Sergio J. Rey
Editor, International Regional Science Review
Associate Professor                phone 619.594.8029
Department of Geography            fax   619.594.4938
San Diego State University         email rey@typhoon.sdsu.edu
San Diego, CA 92182
http://typhoon.sdsu.edu/rey.html   Rey Home
http://irsr.agecon.uiuc.edu        IRSR Home