Re: pcmcia enet and modem sharing in potato on laptop

Quoting Charlie Hedlin on Wed, Oct 20, 1999 at 09:23:51AM -0500:
> There was a bug with using combo devices introduced late in the 2.1.x, and
> finally fixed in 2.2.12.
>
> Is there a particular reason you didn't upgrade the kernel when the
> version was the only real difference as you described below?

Hi-

I had had problems with several system programs like top and free with the
2.2.12 kernel and just found out this am that there is an AC patch which
takes care of these issues.  I also had gotten the device shared using
redhat so thought perhaps that there was another issue regarding the serial
sharing aspect other than the serial driver problem.

--
Michael Perry
mperry@tsoft.com