Re: Help: exim not accepting mail!

> it would seem that sendmailor exim, as it where, isn't running at all! Are
> you sure tat sendmail is actully running or that exim will start with the
> correct parameters? Check out /etc/inetd.conf. Also, make sure the
> exim-package is actually innstalled.

Yes, that's the problem.  I don't really use a firewall, so it wasn't related to that.

The solution I discovered was to run eximconfig with "-i" after running it for configuration.  "eximconfig -i" is what gets the daemon started up.

I'll write more later summarising all I've done, including some other problems that came up.  I figure it will be useful for others.  Maybe it can fit into the FAQ that we're preparing.

Drew