Re: Giving up on Slink, moving to potato?

>	I have an IBM Thinkpad 390E and have been trying to install Debian
>2.1 on it for about two weeks now.  I can install it no problem, except
>that I cannot get X Windows configured correctly.  I even updraded to
>XFree86 3.3.5, and still can't get it to work (although I can get Red Hat
>6.1 installed on it in my first try).  The problem is that I don't want

If it works with Red Hat then why not just copy the Red Hat
/etc/X11/XF86config file?

Also could you please email this file to me?  This afternoon I just tried
unsuccessfully to get potato to work on a colleagues 390E.  I was installing
the same versions of the packages which work on my 380XD but it just didn't
work.  The FBDEV X server was just refusing all the modes that were listed as
options.

--
I'm going to the Colorado Software Summit.  Check out the URL and see why you
should be there.