Re: proposal - Debian laptop package/distribution

On Thursday 2 September 1999, at 18 h 7, the keyboard of Nathan Duehr
<nate@natetech.com> wrote:

> Is there a decent FAQ about diversions anywhere?

man dpkg-divert

The ordinary user has nothing to know about them. The system administrator may ignore them safely (dpkg handles it). The package developer is the only one who needs to know.

I used diversions because I had to replace update in a proper way, allowing the removal of my package, for instance (with diversions, the original update is automatically put back in place).