Re: Pc-card IP address

> Simple question where is the config file for the ip and network settings
> that pc-cards read in debian?

One or more schemes in /etc/pcmcia/network.opts

> I have changed my ip in
> /etc/network/interfaces to read the correct info; however everytime my
> card comes up it comes up with the old ip.  I am guessing that there
> must be a second file for the config that the old ip is still in.  Any
> help would be great, thanks.
> Dave
>
> www.interested1.com

Usually you would run pcnetconfig, and it would tweak the settings for the
only scheme entry in /etc/pcmcia/network.opts.

Since I hop networks a lot I find this annoying - yet I don't like the idea
that I might accidentally scrag my network entries by running pcnetconfig.
So, I keep a directory (n.opts) full of alternate network.opts setups, and
swap them in as desired.  If I get to a new site and need another, I run
pcnetconfig, then copy the results to a new file in n.opts.

I tend to copy in my "dynamic" file to network.opts when I'm wandering -
lots of internet coffeehouses and small sites use DHCP.

I suppose I could hack it so it would look for the scheme name in there,
but I haven't got around to it, and would have to be reeeeeally careful
during upgrades of card services.  Which has been happening a lot lately.

Enjoy

* Heather * star@ many places...