Re: hard disk drive

G'Day !

Are you saying that fdisk recognizes your new hd as /dev/hdb, but you can not mount it ?

Once in fdisk ... Did you partition the drive ?  Did you create a filesystem on those new partitions ?  Did you use the mount command to access the drive ("mount -t ext2 /dev/hdb1" as root) ?

Does anyone know how to do it in windows (is it a secondary slave, or maybe a secondary master ? ), it should be similar, as far as the hardware is concerned.

cheers,
Jim Parker

Sailboat racing is not a matter of life and death ....  It is far more important than that !!!

Kamath <kamath@cs.odu.edu>

01/05/01 02:43 AM