Re: Gericom Overdose SII

> Am Mittwoch, 10. Januar 2001 04:11 schrieb Jeroen Coumans:
> > I've recently bought this laptop, featuring a nice PIII 650, SiS 630 AGP
> > videocard with 4-64 MB shared memory and a 18GB Fujitsu HD.
>
> Hi,
>
> maybe u want to point your browser to:
> http://www.xfree86.org/4.0.2/Status30.html#30
> there u can check out the current status for sis chipssets...
>
> Micha

I thought I saw a seperate package for SiS in the standard potato lineup;
if you're doing X 3.3.6 you'll probably want that...

The other thing is, I notice you say "shared memory" --
if
  your system pulls the same trick the i810 does, which is that there is no
  dedicated memory for the video card (unused excess is not wasted either) ...
then
  you would need a kernel module to honor the proper sharing of memory with
  standard processes.
endif :)

* Heather Stern * star@ many places...