Re: ACPI under WindowMaker

mcpierce@telocity.com wrote:

I've started playing around with WindowMaker and saw the wmacpi applet.
I downloaded, recompiled my kernel enabling ACPI and disabling APM,
installed the kernel, rebooted and started the ACPI applet. But, the
thing doesn't show any information. It's constantly at 100% (even
thought right now I'm on 76% battery) and says that I'm in AC mode. Has
the API for the kernel changed? I'm running the 2.4.16 kernel.

Also, I'm soliciting any recommendations for good WM applets to use. I
grabbed them all and played around with them. I'm definitely looking for
both AIM and ICQ clones that will integrate nicely with WindowMaker...

I use windowmaker here on most machines. I think you already got some good recommendations for dockapps. One that I did not se listed though was wmweather (apt-gettable). This will allow you to sync to a local weather server and get the temp, dewpoint, etc. I like the application quite a bit. One app that is not really a dockapp but that is hander is wmakerconf. I like it quite a bit better than wprefs. There is a site for dockapps as well at:

http://www.bensinclair.com/dockapp/

By the looks of things the site has recently reorgnized a bit and there are some nice new dockapps there to look at.

--
Michael Perry | "Do or do not; there is no try" Master Yoda
mperry@lnxpowered.org | http://www.lnxpowered.org