From: Steven L. Sesar [mailto:ssesar@rcn.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 11:27 PM
To: debian-laptop@lists.debian.org
Subject: Install on Toshiba Satellite 5005

Trying to install Potato from CD on the machine noted in the Subject header.
The base install goes fine until we reboot from the hard drive. We get a
kernel panic:

Kernel panic: Attempted to kill the idle task!
In interrupt handler - not syncing

Has anyone run into this?

Intel Pentium III 1.10GHz (1100MHz) processor
512MB SDRAM
3.3V, TSOP, SODIMM
Data/Address Bus Width: 64-bit/32-bit
512KB, Intel FWH
Intel Chipset 815E
DVD-ROM/CD-RW:
YAHAMA YMF753 Codec Chip
16-bit stereo, Windows Sound System V.2.0, Sound Blaster®
Software Decoder:  InterVideo (WinDVD)
NVIDIA GeForce2Go graphics controller
Integrated (controller-less) V.90 56K modem