Re: can't use mouse in console mode?

On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 11:18:36AM -0800, Mike Alborn wrote:
> You need to install gpm to use the mouse in console mode. I think you'll
> also have to set up X to access the mouse through gpm, or they'll fight
> over it. I don't use it myself anymore, but perhaps someone else here
> can help you with setting it up.

I didn't have to tell X to use /dev/gpmdata to get them to work together
nicely. You need to make sure that GPM doesn't use any kind of repeat or
acceleration, and make sure that both X and GPM are using the same mouse
protocol (in my case, it's ImPS2).

--
Darryl L. Pierce <mcpierce@telocity.com>
Visit the Infobahn Offramp @ <http://welcome.to/mcpierce>