Re: OT: Public posting news servers

groups.google.com carries both of those hierarchies, although I would be
the first to grant that browsing through a web site isn't the same as
using a real newsreader.  Airnews is less than $5 a month if you don't
sign up for access to binaries, Newsguy is $40/year for their basic
service. http://www.newzbot.com has lists of free servers.