Speed of DVD-CDRW in Toshiba 3000 (was: Re: DVD-CDR combos supported?)

Hi,

I have question concerning this drive. I recently discovered that I only get
about 10x cd reading speed from this drive in this laptop. That is not exactly
what I expect from a drive that should read cd's at 24x speed. Have you seen
this? And do you also get just 4x audio reading speed? Seems to me a little
bit slow.

But the rest is nice and fully functional. DVDs using xine and all this are
just fine...

Best regards,
Oliver