Re: dell 4000

From: "Klaas Gadeyne" <Klaas.Gadeyne@mech.kuleuven.ac.be>

> > IIRC, you can only have 7 total partitions: 3 primary, and 4 logical (or
is
> > it the other way around?), so you may have to lt youre hda4 be one big
> > partition for debian.
>
> Is this so??  I thought you could have more logical ones...

in the first place it's four primaries - one or more of which are containers
for logicals.  So there's no real reason you couldn't have 10 if you had 2
primaries containing 4 logicals each.

However, while there may be a limit to the number of logical partitions
allowed, my system has 3 primaries, (/hda1 is still Windows, /hda2 is /boot,
and /hda3 contains 6 logical partitions /hda5-/hda10 with the rest of my
linux system).

derek