Re: IBM Thinkpard A30 wireless

On Fri, 15 Feb 2002, Martin Hermanowski wrote:

>Moin,
>I got the wlan working so far, but I miss some things. I am using
>linux-wlan-ng-0.1.10 (.12 would not compile and .13 segfaulted every
>time). How do I get a list of currently available wlan names, and where
>can I see at which data rate the card is working?

I don't know anything about linux-wlan, but I am playing with my new wlan
card under Linux.

You can either use the wavemon tool, or use the iwlist command

iwlist eth1 accesspoints
eth1      Interface doesn't have a list of Access Points

Hmmm, I think I'll have to get another wlan card (the raycom_cs driver is
really screwy at the moment on my other system.

Cameron Kerr
--
cameron.kerr@paradise.net.nz
http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/~cameronk/