Dell Inspiron 2500 PCMCIA issues

Hi, so I've been banging my head against this for about a week now
(and am currently running on very little sleep) and would love some
help!!

I have a Inspiron 2500, with debian/unstable installed on it.  I'm
running the 2.4.17 kernel (downloaded the source package and
recompiled a million times)

I have PCMCIA support turned off in the kernel and am using the 3.1.31
(latest) sources to the pcmcia_cs stuff.

I have also tried: 2.4.17 Kernel PCMCIA support, redhat 7.2 (since
I've seen various messages about it just working in that environment)

I have never booted Windows on the laptop, as I'm not really a fan.
But maybe there is some magic it need to do with the BIOS.

The card I am trying to use is a Dell Truemobile 1150 which is just a
rebadge orinco and should be support.  The card has also been brought
up on a windows laptop and seemed to work fine.

My current thoughts are that the PCI is amiss in someway. On start up
I get:

PCI: Using configuration type 1
PCI: Probing PCI hardware
Unknown bridge resource 2: assuming transparent
Unknown bridge resource 2: assuming transparent
PCI: Using IRQ router PIIX [8086/244c] at 00:1f.0
PCI: Failed to allocate resource 0(f4300000-f42fffff) for 01:03.0
PCI: Failed to allocate resource 0(f4300000-f42fffff) for 01:03.1

Linux PCMCIA Card Services 3.1.31
	kernel build: blah....
Intel ISA/PCI/CardBus PCIC probe:
PCI: Found IRQ 9 for device 01:03.0
PCI: Sharing IRQ 9 with 01:03.1
  Bridge register mapping failed: check cb_mem_base setting
  no bridges found.
ds: no socket drivers loaded.

----------------------

The /proc/pci shows these relevent entries:

Bus 1, device 3, function 0:
  CardBus bridge: 02 Micro, Inc. 0Z6933 Cardbus Controller (rev 1).
     IRQ 9.
     Master Capable.  No bursts. Min Gnt=128
     Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0xf4300000 [0xf42fffff]
Bus 1, device 3, function 1:
  CardBus bridge: 02 Micro, Inc. 0Z6933 Cardbus Controller #2 (rev 1).
     IRQ 9.
     Master Capable.  No bursts. Min Gnt=128
     Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0xf4300000 [0xf42fffff]
Bus 1, evice 11, function -:
  PCI bridge: PCI device 1668:0100 (Action Tec Electronics Inc) (rev 17)
     Master Capable.  Latency64.  Min Gnt=4.

When I do a pcmcia_cs/debug-tools/dump_pirq I get the following relevent entries:

Device 01:03.0 (slot 0): CardBus bridge
  INTA: link 0x62, irq mask 0x0020 [5]
  INTB: link 0x62, irq mask 0x0020 [5]
Device 01:0b.1 (slot 1): PCI bridge
  INTA: link 0x63, irq mask 0x0020 [5]
  INTB: link 0x61, irq mask 0x0020 [5]

Problems I have: Trying to set options in /etc/defaults/pcmcia I tend
to end up with messages that they are unknown options, even though I
am getting them out of the howto/docs.  For example
cb_mem_base=0xf4300000 produces: param param_cb_mem_base unknown.

I can provide more details if need be, but since my laptop is not on
the network currently, I have to type this stuff in by hand till I get
home from owrk and get a chance to hook up the wired connection.

ANY HELP OR IDEAS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED AT THIS POINT!
Thanks!

peace,
--e;