Re: sony srx7... sony pi... acpi

kernel 2.5.x should already include latest kernel patches.

anyway there was an issue with the latest one causing panics on many laptops (including many vaios).

using acpi kernel patch 20020709 with 2.4.18 or vanilla 2.5.[25|26|27] you should also add this other patch http://www.brodo.de/english/pub/acpi/20020709/nocorruption.2.acpi.diff to fix the panic.

I have a gr7/k with acpi+sonypi+cpufreq(speedstep support) and kernel is very stable.

bye,
-- mattia

PS: many modern laptops do not support APM anymore...
>Thanks for the info!  I need acpi to use the wireless card because otherwise i
>get some hairy IRQ conflicts during startup, and suppose i'll just give up on
>getting the bluetooth and jogdial to work for a while.  thanks again, jason
>
>On Tue, 23 Jul 2002 16:39:09 -0400 (EDT) "Scott" <scott@sboss.net> wrote:
>

>> > well, i'm goin to throw this out for a quick answer before i put up
>> > kernel panic logs etc.  i have an srx7 (the japanese version) on which i > >
>am running woody and 2.4.18.  i've compiled the kernel with all the
>> > necessary support for acpi, wireless etc.  i have a decent setup
>> > running, including the internal orinoco minipci wireless card working.
>> > however... i cannot unplug or plug in the power cord while running else > >
>i get a kernel panic (this is an acpi issue as far as i can tell).
>> > also... i cannot modprobe sonypi (hence i cannot use /dev/sonypi) else i > >
>also get a kernel panic.  i have tried the dev kernel (2.5.25) and it
>> > does the same thing.  any comments would be appreciated, i'll post later > >
>this week with the details and kernel config if no one has any quick
>> > guesses.  thanks in advance, jason.
>>
>> sonypi aka /dec/sonypi does not work with ACPI enable kernels.  The two
>> conflict.  I have the sony z505js and I just ignore the wheel (sonypi) in >
>linux. Plus ACPI is not as developed as APM.  I use APM instead of ACPI
>> since ACPI screwes up my hibernation key ([Fn]-[F12]).  Once ACPI gets a
>> litle better I will switch to it.
>>
>> Scott
>>

>> Reverend Scott Boss                   email  : scott@sboss.net
>> janitor                               website: http://www.sboss.com
>> sdn website family
>> PGP/GPG: D660FF22/5479 518D CECB 7595 7684 69F0 C545 B92C D660 FF22
>>
>> GEEK: (geek) N. You can type 70 words per minute but can't read
>>                 your own handwriting
>>

>--

Scarica i loghi e le suonerie più "caldi" dell'estate!
http://www.supereva.it/cgi-bin/link_to.cgi?_url_=http://mobile.supereva.it/loghiesuonerie

messaggio inviato con Freemail by www.superEva.it