Re: About the laptops ...

On Wed, 21 Aug 2002, PRIOUR Gaetan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a question :
>
> Is is better to let the laptop always ON (as i use it about 15/20 hours a day )
> or to switch it off ?

Good question! I guess it depends a lot on your laptop and on how you
use it. I can't keep mine on for too long, despite having all the latest
acpi patches on a self-compiled 2.4.18 kernel. The CPU temperature, I
think, is what causes mine to crash if I keep it on for too long (even
throttling when I take a cigarette break)