using floppies and cdrom

I am using a IBM thinkpad T23. The cdrom and floppy drive are interchangeable in
the ultrabay. My problem is that the special Speakup-enabled disks I must use to
have speech during the install, since i am blind are floppies. But because I
don't have internet or network up and running yet, I have to use the cdrom
option to install the packages. If I turn off the computer in the midst of the
install in order to put the cdrom in instead of the floppy drive, will I then be
unable to take up the install again? Is there any way around this problem?
Thanks.

Cheryl