ACPI in a Vaio fx802

Hi everybody, I have a Vaio fx802 (aka PCG-9G2M) and I have problems with
ACPI.
I builded 2.4.20 kernel patched with ACPI patch (acpi-20021212-2.4.20.diff),
and now modules are correctly loaded, there is an acpi directory in /proc
with all files and so on; but I still have problems with performances.
Every 10-15 seconds the sistem seems to stand still for a while (as if it were
overloaded): when listening mp3 it is not comfortably..., moreover I'm not
able to make it reboot cleanly (after a minute with the sony logo it beep for
a keyboard error).

Somebody any idea?

Thanks in advance.
R.