Network install on a laptop

Hi all.

I'm trying to do a network install on a laptop that has a pcmcia network
card based on the 8139too module. Under Slackware both pcmcia and the card
came up easily. Under Debian, however, the card isn't recognized. Pcmcia
configures OK but when I go back to load the driver, it says the device is
busy. Are there module parameters that I need to pass or something to get
this working.

Any suggestions or links to others who have done this successfully would be
appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris.